Dear Residents and Families,
SilverCrest Properties continues to put the health and safety of our residents and staff as the highest priority. We are continuing to follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to enhance our Covid-19 plan in our communities. We ask for your patience as we make all attempts to control access to our communities and prevent an outbreak.
- We continue our plan allowing only residents, staff, essential vendors, health care providers, and immediate family that are visiting a resident that is on hospice or is in a similar acute situation. We know this is not easy, but it is necessary.
- We have eliminated communal dining and moved to delivery of meals. Each community has developed a process in which to safely accomplish this and will share the details of their plan with you.
- Per the Minnesota Governor, we have closed our salons and clubs. Situations involving required therapy and training sessions will be allowed as a 1:1 interaction and the areas will be immediately sanitized following the treatment.
- We strongly advise residents from attending functions outside the community at this time. This includes exposure to family and friends, shopping in stores, events and other public places.
- Should a COVID-19 case be confirmed at our community, we will notify you and share any changes to our current protocol.
- We are monitoring residents for symptoms daily in memory care, enhanced assisted living, assisted living plus and assisted living care suites.
- We are assisting residents with obtaining groceries and supplies. Our staff are purchasing some items residents can purchase and we are coordinating with local grocery stores to deliver. We ask that all deliveries by family be made at the entrance and handed directly to staff to deliver to the recipient.
- We are screening employees at the beginning of every work shift for symptoms and reminding staff to stay home if they are ill or have a fever.
- We have signage in all elevators restricting to two people at any time in the elevator keeping as much distance as possible.
- We are actively working to prevent loneliness and social isolation and are developing creative solutions to ensure our residents remain connected and safe.
- Please reach out to the staff if you would like us to coordinate a facetime or skype opportunity with your loved ones. We will do our best to accommodate all requests in a timely fashion.
You are a key partner in keeping our community healthy so please remember the importance of regular thorough handwashing and isolating yourself immediately if you feel ill. Please inform the Executive Director or your care team if you feel ill so we can assist you in taking the necessary precautions to protect you and others. We are confident we are doing everything possible to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our residents, their families and our employees. Thank you very much for your understanding, cooperation and teamwork.
SilverCrest Properties Team